If you are experienced in site finishing joinery works, manufacturing, bench joinery, assembly, first fix, heavy section joinery works, we would be interested in hearing from you.
MAKAR do things differently: we believe that to achieve the best results our people need the best environment to work in.
We manufacture our houses ‘off-site’ in our purpose-built manufacturing facility, assemble them on-site within a matter of days to wind and watertight, and then conclude the internal finishing as efficiently as possible and to the highest of standards.
Our highly skilled team – from architects through to site joiners – have the same core values that set MAKAR employees apart. A drive and ambition to excel and push the boundaries of everything we are involved with, and a vision to improve the delivery of sustainable housing model.
As our finishing joiner, you are central to the high quality finish of our unique homes. Following onsite erection, you will lead the completion from shell to our trademark quality finish.
We currently have immediate vacancies for finishing joiners to join our team in Inverness.
Your role will include:
- upholding the MAKAR safety culture
- leading quality construction
- interpretation of design drawings
- fit out of nSIP shell construction, from strapping out to final fixings
- working as part of the site team, including our joiners, electricians and decorators
Your experience will include:
- you will have a strong finishing joinery background
- ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- CSCS card is preferable
- PASMA working at height is advantageous
You will be:
- have a good eye for detail
- a great team player
What we offer:
- excellent rates of pay
- health & safety training
- opportunity to move through our business, including our erection and manufacturing teams
- an open, diverse and inclusive working team
Application deadline: 28/05/2021